Thursday, May 3, 2012

Twitter and relationships

This is a very relate-able topic and everyone seems to have mixed emotions about. Some people say "twitter ruins relationships" and then I laugh in their faces. Twitter can't make you do anything, your stupidity and not thinking causing problems.
Maybe the existence of twitter amps problems in relationships. In my case, I'm in a relationship and my better half follows me on Twitter (cool, right?). I'm a different person on Twitter because most of the time I tweet how I feel and things I see that are out of the ordinary. So, sometimes I tweet random things about him (like how I love him so much and gloat to the world how amazing he is). Sometimes I get frustrated and (guilty as charger) I tweet about him like how frustrating he is or how we argue like a married couple. So, I say things like that and of course he reads it and it's like World War 3 on my phone (we mostly talk on the phone and text).
I am clearly aware that some of the things I tweet might sound vulgar and some times inconsiderate but, I'm taking accountability for my tweets. Twitter is like reality, you can't take back what you say so don't blame twitter for you failed relationship, blame yourself. In all actuality, twitter can't make you do anything; it's just you, your thoughts and the keyboard that can sabotage or better your relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment