Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Settling: Why Girls Settle and Why it's a Problem

Settling: the act of determining or deciding on something (Dictionary.com). Girls settle when it comes to men because they feel like they can't do any better than what they have attained. Some girls settle for the wrong guy just because they think there is no one better. I think this comes from ridiculous friends that keep telling us "lower your standards". Yeah, get real we all know that is not good advice. The moment you lower your standards, you attract the wrong guys and you wind up falling or dating someone that isn't right for you.
I made up an ideal guy in my head (like most young women my age) and that is how I guided myself when I was looking.
My list:

  • Articulate 
  • Tall (clique but yes)
  • Funny
  • Smart and brainy
  • Spiritual (has similar views as me)  
  • Spontaneous
  • Adventurous
  • Someone with nice hair (Yes! I need something to run my fingers through!)
  • Sensitive (not sensitive to the point he is basically a bluff version of me)
  • Built (I like bluff, very fit guys)
  • I prefer Caucasian  men (come on I'm not that shallow, but that is just a plus not a requirement)
  • Honest
  • Loving
  • Charismatic
  • Easy on the eyes
  • Patient (because I am a handful)
  • Loyal
  • Open Minded
  • Someone that is a great kisser with full lips
  • Romantic
  • Responsible 
  • Flexible (not in the literally sense)
As you can see my list is somewhat extensive but, I know someone like this exist. As a matter of fact, my boyfriend fits this description for the most part. Most women have list like my own of their ideal man and there is nothing wrong with having standards and an idea of what you want and need. Most people want someone who is different and somehow similar to themselves. Women that have standards show that they respect themselves enough to set requirements for their mate. So don't let anyone tell you to lower your standards or settle for something less than you deserve. Your dream guy is out there all you have to do is be patient and believe. It sounds cheesy but when he comes you'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment