Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't Hate the Player Hate the Game: The World of Dating (Part 3)

We all know we aim to please when we first meet new people. The first impression means everything so, we occasionally send the "representative". Yes, the perfect person we make up in our heads and the person we think will win our love interest.
There is no clear-cut way to see through the "representative" ploy but you'll know when you see it. When I was younger (gosh I make it seem like I'm ancient) I was the master of the "representative" act.
I usually used alias and phony back-stories to impress girls I found interest in. Like this one girl I had a huge crush on a while back. Like seriously she was Hawaiian, long flowing hair, not too tall but then again not too short, some killer green (or were they hazel) eyes and a nice rack. Needless to say she was a hottie, she was also out of my league. I don't care how sweet I thought my game was I don't think I would have got her without some type of angle.
So, this bombshell was a friend (or co-worker) of my war vet best friend. So, I took it upon myself to introduce myself the one day she shows up at my best friend's condo. That day I told so many lies I started believing them myself. I told this girl my name was Cydni Fairwood and I was assistant director of some director that recently graduated from NYU and had a studio in Arlington.
Naturally, this girl brought my boogie story and became so engrossed in my line of work. So much so, in the next two weeks we were together she did some research. Yup, this player got caught in a lie and she from there on didn't want anything to do with me. I didn't blame her; if I were me I won't either. Pegging her for a fool and playing up her emotions. I'd be heat, the moral to the story is the "representative" causes confusion and trouble so, just be yourself and let the chips fall were they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment