Thursday, May 3, 2012

Advice: Your one friend that think they "Knows-it-all"

Now, we all have that friend whose favorite line is "if I were you...". Come on, get real you are not me so you do not have that option. Like dude there is no way you are giving me advice and you never even been in my situation. Doesn't add up you know? 
I don't believe in giving advice on a subject I know nothing about. It's like going to a foot surgeon for laser eye surgery (doesn't that sound crazy). I don't care how many re-runs of Dr. Phil, CSI, Law and Order or Oprah you watch, you never know how to deal with a situation until it's you. My Journalism/English 11 teacher always said write what you know. I'm guessing the same goes for advice.
However, I have a know-it-all friend, my gosh she thought she knew it all then some. Every time anyone had problem little miss problem-solver would work her unneeded magic. "Well, if I were you I'd leave the bastard," said the meddling friend that has never been with a man her whole life. "he's not a man he's a fucking 'pansy'." says the lesbian friend.
Yeah, because you are such an expert (please). She prides herself on how "smart" and "well-rounded" she is. To be honest, she is something shy of a dumb blonde. For me, I feel it is impossible to give advice if you have never experienced it (the situation) first-hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment