Friday, May 11, 2012

My Lesbian Crush on Fiona Apple

I love Fiona Apple and her music so much I categorize it as a lesbian love affair. Her lyrics are like my thoughts in song and rhythmic form. "Paper bag" is one of my all time favorites: "I've got to fold because these hands are too shaky to hold" or "I'm a mess he don't wanna clean up" come one that has Fiona Apple written all over it!
But the song I truly fell in love with was "Criminal". Good grief, that girl can blow! She has serious pipes and the lyrics again: "And I need to be redeemed to the one I've sinned against" and "Help me but don't tell me to deny it." In my opinion she created her own genre.
She is also a bad ass like she released an album in '95, the title of the album was like 23 letters long. Seriously she is an icon and she is so twisted; crazy. "Fast As You Can" the craziest song I've heard from her. "Sleep to Dream" is a classical "You say love is a hell you can not bear/ And say gimme mine back and go there/ For all I care." I love it, she is such a creep and she is so broken. We can all relate to her in some way because she is such a crazy and says thing that most people wouldn't. She was the bad ass of the 90's I hope she is still making music because she is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment