Monday, July 23, 2012

Why I love Sara Bareilles

I was in love..no captivated with Sara Bareilles since Love Song. For people that don't know the true meaning of that song, she basically shot a middle finger to her record label. They wanted her to write more songs about love and she responded with that love. "...I'm not gonna write you a love song/ 'cause you asked for it 'cause it/ 'cause you need one you see/ I'm not gonna write you a love song/ 'cause you tell me it's make or breaking this/ if you're on your way/I'm not gonna write you to

stay/All you have is leaving/I'm gonna need a better reason/ to write you a love song today..." Powerful words, words spoken by a true bad ass. That's when I fell in love.


She is bold, spunky and brass balls; qualities I admire in a person. She is not only a singer but a song writer and she has a brilliant mind. She covered a very mainstream Beyonce song "Single Ladies" (video is on my Twitter @_JustJillie) it was a great take on the Beyonce hit. She added this corky, light melody and a bouncy beat. She gave the song a funky alternative twisted. This artist is truly daring and inventive and that's why I love Sara Bareilles.

No comments:

Post a Comment