Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Am I Right or Am I Right?: About Amusement Park Visitors

Ok so I work at an amusement park and it is terrible. From rumbustious kids to loud obnoxious parents amusements park are crazy. I also noticed that people leave their brains right in the parking lot. Like I would be on the mic spieling "secure all loose articles" or "don't leave any loose articles on the platform" (most roller coaster stations are elevated platforms) and I'd probably say that six times in one setting. Yet and still there is always some idiot that leaves their shit on the platform or does exactly what I said not to do five seconds prior. Or I would say "hey don't lean on the air gates" and people just stare at me like I'm on crack.
That's not the only thing that bothers me, it's the parents. It's like when you tell them their kid isn't tall enough to ride it's like the beginning of World War 3. Like you measure their kid and you are 120% sure they are not tall enough but you measure them so you don't get fired it's like they are willing to loss a child for a 30second ride. Then it's the employee's fault that their kids can't ride, we don't create the rider requirements and restrictions.
One more thing, big people. I hate being the bearer of bad news when a larger person can't fit but think about it. A roller coaster or flat ride can only hold but so much weight, most coasters (I'm thinking all coasters) go faster with more weight on them. That is dangerous because sometimes the train will skip the breaks and could hurt someone. So imagine a 200lb person getting on the ride, all that weight could be very dangerous or a roller coaster that is only meant to go 75mph at the fastest. So anyways, (long sidebar) people get frustrated and get mad and try to sue the park because they are just big as fuck. Like seriously, this one lady tried to complain to my sup that I didn't try hard enough to squeeze her in the seat. Don't be a dumb ass, I am not supposed to jam you in a seat, either lose weight or try another ride. So am I right or am I right about amusement park visitors?     

No comments:

Post a Comment